Radon is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas that is released from the ground where radium naturally occurs in the soil. It can enter your home through cracks and holes in a foundation or even through drains. Radon gas can build up over time in any home of any age and two houses next to each other may have completely different levels. Exposure to radon increases the risk of lung cancer.
A certified home inspector can perform a simple and inexpensive radon test, whether you are considering a home purchase or would like peace of mind that your current home is safe for you and your family.